Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017

Mistaking



Someone told me, he was conversing with a man coming from Mississippi.
Although he had learned English at MIGROS-Club-School, he could understand almost nothing.

I went to Australia, amongst other reasons, because I thought I'll come to an understanding with the people, according my experiences in USA 2013. But Australia was a area of "Not Unterstanding" and misconceptions for me.

Long time ago, while I was learning English at school, I often listen to BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service) and tried to understand, what are they taking about. 
Forget it!!

I have grewed up in Germany. German language is my mothers tongue.
When I moved to Switzerland, in an area, where the official language is german too. With the Swiss-Idiom of German, I had to learn to deal with my own language in an other way. 
But there was no school to learn it, there was no help to understand the Swiss people. 
After almost 20 years my linguistic adaption is still ... uhmmm ... leaking!

To understand an other language, even if You learned it well, is a self-continuing task, a job with no end in sight

So, 50 years after starting to learn the english language, after some long stays in English speaking countries, there are still lot of challenges for me in "voice recognition"

Last year I heard a song from "Touch and Go" ... 


             










  In the left column You see the original lyric of the song                                In the right column yo see, what I understood

Apart of this, I love the right column much more

The little movie drove my travel fever to 41°C (105,8° F)
... and here the LINK to the film & record ...
!! ... according to some feedbacks the link above is not working on smartphones ... so here is another one >> Link

Have a great day !!!


Luzern, 12 - 03 -  2017 ...another challenge ist the format of date 🤪

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen